1. Wash hands with soap and water or rub with a hydroalcoholic solution before handling the mask.
2. Identify the top of the mask.
3. Position the mask on the face, at the height of the nose. If a nasal clamp is available, adjust it to the nose.
4. Hold the mask from the outside and place the strips behind the ears.
5. Lower the bottom of the mask to the chin.
6. Check that the mask covers the chin.
7. Pinch the nasal clamp with both hands to fit the nose (if any).
8. Check sealing and absence of breathing discomfort.
9. Once adjusted, do not touch the mask with your hands. If the user needs to touch the mask, he must first wash his hands with soap and water or rub them with a hydroalcoholic solution.
Removing the mask
1. Remove protective gloves.
2. Wash hands with soap and water or rub with a hydroalcoholic solution.
3. Remove the mask without touching the front of the mask.
4. Wash hands with soap and water or rub them with a hydroalcoholic solution.
Washing and drying the mask
Perform a complete washing cycle at 60oC temperature.
The person in charge of washing must be protected to handle the dirty masks. Contact between a dirty mask (to be washed) and clean clothing should be avoided.
Products that may degrade or damage materials and decrease their protective capacity should not be used.
It is recommended that the mask dry completely within 2 hours after washing.
It should not be dryed or sanitized with a microwave oven.
Both during drying and in the subsequent storage of the mask, the environments in which the mask can be re-contaminated should be avoided.
After each wash cycle, a visual inspection (with protective gloves or washed hands) should be performed.
If any damage to the mask (less fit, deformation, wear, etc.) is detected, the mask should be discarded.
To reduce the risks of using these masks it should be noted that once the maximum number of 12 washes has been exceeded, it should be discarded.
Procedure to discard the mask
Masks should be discarded in a container equipped with a plastic bag (preferably with lid and non-manual control).
It is recommended to use double bag to preserve the contents of the first bag in case of tearing of the outer bag.
Used masks can also be disposed of in containers for biological waste.
Continuous maximum usage duration
For comfort and hygiene reasons, it is recommended not to wear the mask for a time longer than 4 hours.
If it is moistened or deteriorated by use, it is recommended to replace it with another.
Note: The mask does not exempt the user from applying barrier gestures complemented by social estating measures that are essential.